My life with triplet boys that were born via donor eggs.

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Heartbroken

I am not even sure what to say. My good friend died last night. I am not really sure what happened but I guess it doesnt matter cause she is gone. I got a call from her daughter around 8pm. I was putting the boys to bed. I am shocked and very sad. I went to her house to be with her kids, I used to be their babysitter. You have heard about her before. I was with them for 14 years, she was my obgyn and my friend. I just cant believe it. All I could tell her kids was that we would get thru this together and I would be there for them for the rest of our lives. She is the reason why I wanted kids. She was also the one who told me that I probably wouldnt be able to have my own children. She supported me through thick and thin, and was probably the most excited when I told her I was pregnant!! She told me that she knew one day I would be a Mom and was proud of me for not giving up.

So my dear friend Chris, I will watch over our kids and take care of them. I miss you terribly and wish you didnt have to leave so soon. Life will defintely not be the same without you. Thank you for being there for me and supporting me when I needed it the most. You are a wonderful woman and the most caring doctor that I had ever met. I hope that you are raising a glass of wine up in heaven with your Dad and Rita. I love you and miss you.

1 comment:

Charity Donovan said...

I'm so sorry...may all of your memories be a comfort to you now. Loss is never easy & I'll be thinking of you...