My life with triplet boys that were born via donor eggs.

Thursday, April 5, 2007

The results are in.....

Tuesday went better than I could have expected. The boys are really coming along. Ian is now 20 pounds 10 oz. He was 2 pounds 2 ounces at birth. Spencer is 18 pounds 15 oz. He was 2 pounds 14 oz. at birth. Oliver now weighs 16 pounds 10 oz!!! He was 2 pounds 3 oz at birth. The Neo was pleased with their weights, lungs, and development. No more Pulmicort!! No more meds of any kind. She complimented DH and I on keeping them out of the hospital since they left the NICU. It was nice to hear. I told her that she was the one who I listened to eventhough she didnt think I heard what she was saying. We had lots of problems with communication in the NICU. I also told her that I was very pleased at the way she took care of the boys and of course how she treated DH and me even if I was kicking and screaming the whole time. I was such a pain in the ass in the NICU when things werent going well. I just wanted the best care that my boys could get so they would survive to see their first birthday and beyond. Well they made it, well almost, its not Sunday just yet! :)

I am so in awe of the past year. It seems just like it was yesterday that they forced their way into this world 13 weeks too early. I was so unprepared for the feelings that I would have for them. I was so worried that I wouldnt love them as much as I would a genetically related child. How WRONG I was. I dont think I could love them any more than I already do.

1 comment:

abby said...

Great news on the checkup!